In 2015, the Faculty of Geosciences and Engineering was developed from its predecessor the Faculty of Geology, which was formed by the combination of Geological Survey and Engineering Geology Departments in 1977. Up to now, the faculty consists of five specialized departments:
- Department of Geology
- Department of Engineering Geology
- Department of Hydro-geology
- Department of Mineral Exploration
- Department of Mineralogy and Geochemistry
* Undergraduate programs
- Engineering Geology and geo-technics
* Graduate programs
- Master programs on geology, geological exploration, geo-engineering, and hydro-geology.
- PhD programs on geology and geo-engineering
Faculty members in Geosience and Geological Engineering actively develop and implement scientific research topics from national level, ministerial level, international cooperation to contracts for technology transfer. The research activities and interests are focused on geology, geo-engineering and geo-technics, environmental geology, and ground water, etc..