1. Wordwide Energy University Network (WEUN)
Worldwide Energy Universities Network (WEUN), a voluntary global organization of energy universities initiated by China University of Petroleum-Beijing (CUPB), declared its establishment on 22th September 2018. 28 energy universities form 16 countries, including China, USA, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Denmark, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Vietnam and Malaysia signed the Declaration of Worldwide Energy Universities Network.
2. UK Vietnam Higher Education Network
The UK Viet Nam Higher Education Network was formally launched at the UK Viet Nam Higher Education Collaboration forum in October 2018, and supported by the Ministry Education and Training of Viet Nam and the British Council. The network includes more than 60 UK and Vietnamese universities, organisations and businesses who together deliver partnerships in four key areas of priorities (university leadership and governance, transnational education and quality assurance, university industry link and research and mobility).
UK-VN HEP list of projects and network members 2018-2020:
3. International Higher Education Alliance for Mining, Energy and Environment (AMEE)
On October 17, 2009, a batch of world leading universities in mining, energy, alternative resources and environment gathered at China University of Mining and Technology (CUMT), in Xuzhou of China, and jointly initiated and established the International Higher Education Alliance for Mining, Energy and Environment(AMEE) based on principles of equality and mutual benefit. AMEE is committed itself to cooperating in education, research and social services.
4. International Society for Mine Surveying (ISM)
ISM is an international association of specialists in mine surveying or related fields. The goal of ISM is to encourage co-operation in the various fields of mine surveying.
5. The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) – HUMG SPE Student Chapter
6. ISSA Mining
Created in 1969, ISSA Mining was one of the first international prevention sections of the International Social Security Association (ISSA). The aim of the International Section of the ISSA on Prevention in the Mining Industry is to further and to improve social security in mining worldwide.
7. International Tunneling and Underground Space Association
8. ASEAN University Network - Quality Assurance (AUN-QA)
AUN-QA Network is established as the ASEAN quality assuarance network in Higher Education with the responsibility to promote quality assurance in higher education institutions, raise the quality of higher education and collaboration with both regional and international bodies for the benefit of the ASEAN community.
HUMG has been an associate member of AUN-QN Network since July 2018.
9. Group of Seven: an alliance of leading technical universities in Viet Nam
To increase the quality of teaching and research, seven leading technical universities in Vietnam decided to collaborate together as "Group 7".
The following universities belong to this newly founded group of seven:
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
- Hochiminh University of Technology (HCMUT, member university of the Vietnam National University HCMC)
- Danang University of Science and Technology (DUT, member university of the University of Danang)
- University of Transport and Communications (UTC)
- Hanoi University of Mining and Geology (HUMG)
- National University of Civil Engineering (NUCE)
- Thuy Loi University (TLU)
The collaboration focuses on five areas: (1) Student recruitment and enrollment, (2) University lecturers, (3) Quality assurance and accreditation, (4) Research and Technology transfer, (5) Marketing.